May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: m scott peck
Peck on the Story of Satan
In my latest reading of M. Scott Peck’s People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil, I finished the chapter on exorcism, and I read the chapter on the My Lai Massacre during the Vietnam War, in which … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged christian myth, heaven into hell, m scott peck, People of the Lie, Religion, theology, vietnamese civilians, word satan Comments Off on Peck on the Story of Satan
Peck on Exorcism
In my latest reading of People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil, M. Scott Peck talked about exorcism. I did not finish Peck’s chapter on this subject, so I will be commenting on what I have read … Continue reading
Posted in Movies, Psychology, Religion, Television, Touched by an Angel Tagged alien presence, core personality, demonic possession, exorcism, m scott peck, multiple personality disorder, People of the Lie, sally field, Sybil Comments Off on Peck on Exorcism
In my latest reading of People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil, M. Scott Peck talked about Charlene. Charlene was a lady in her thirties who played by her own set of rules, regardless of how that … Continue reading
Posted in Psychology, Religion, Stephen King Tagged charlene, christian doctrine, last session, m scott peck, sexual relationship, therapy session 1 Comment
In my latest reading of People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil, M. Scott Peck talked about another case study in the area of human evil: Mr. R. and Mrs. R., the parents of Roger. Unlike Bobby’s … Continue reading
Posted in Psychology Tagged m scott peck, People of the Lie Comments Off on Roger’s Parents
Spiritual Alienation, Yet Extroversion
I got a lot read of M. Scott Peck’s The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace. A significant part of this book overlaps with Peck’s Further Along the World Less Traveled, in the sense that Peck discusses the four spiritual … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Community, Religion Tagged lonely feeling, m scott peck, Religion, selfish desires, spiritual interests, spiritual stages, The Different Drum, theology 1 Comment