March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Lyndon Johnson
Book Write-Up: The Faiths of the Postwar Presidents, by David L. Holmes
David L. Holmes. The Faiths of the Postwar Presidents: From Truman to Obama. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. David L. Holmes teaches religious studies at the College of William and Mary. About … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Religion Tagged Abortion, barack obama, Bill Clinton, David L. Holmes, Dwight David Eisenhower, Dwight Eisenhower, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, Gerald Ford, Harry S. Truman, Harry Truman, Ike, JFK, Jimmy Carter, John F. Kennedy, LBJ, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Lyndon Johnson, racism, Richard Nixon, ronald reagan, segregation, Southern Baptists, The Faiths of the Postwar Presidents 1 Comment
Norman Thomas and the Anti-War Movement
My latest reading of W.A. Swanberg’s Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist was about Thomas’ views on the anti-war movement in the 1960’s. Norman Thomas was a six-time Socialist candidate for President of the United States. Thomas was opposed to the … Continue reading
Posted in Communism, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged anti-war movement, Lyndon Johnson, Norman Thomas Comments Off on Norman Thomas and the Anti-War Movement
Ambrose’s Nixon: The Education of a Politician 18
My latest reading of Stephen Ambrose’s Nixon: The Education of a Politician covered Vice-President Richard Nixon’s visit to the Soviet Union, as well as advice that Nixon received from prominent figures about strategy for his 1960 run for President. Ambrose … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Religion, Ronald Reagan Tagged Billy Graham, Dwight Eisenhower, James Reston, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, ronald reagan, Stephen Ambrose, Walter Judd Comments Off on Ambrose’s Nixon: The Education of a Politician 18
Psalm 101: Does Character Matter?
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 101, or, more accurately, I will use Psalm 101 as a starting-point to talk about the character of leaders. Psalm 101 is probably a Psalm by an Israelite … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Political Philosophy, Politics, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Tagged Bill Clinton, brick wall of reality, character, deal-making, Jimmy Carter, LBJ, Lyndon Johnson Comments Off on Psalm 101: Does Character Matter?