March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Life
Grand New Party, America, Black History Month
Here are some odds and ends for today: 1. I’m reading a book that Felix recommended a while back: Grand New Party (New York: Doubleday, 2008), by Ross Douthat and Reihan Salam. The book is not entirely what I anticipated. … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Black History Month, Books, History, Life, Movies, Political Philosophy, Politics, Race, Television 1 Comment
This post continues my series on Cathleen Falsani’s Sin Boldly: A Field Guide for Grace (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2008). The topic for today is goodness. When Cathleen Falsani was in Africa, she met a little boy named Vasco, who had … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Black History Month, Books, Church, Falsani, Life, Movies, Religion, Television Comments Off on Goodness
Rich Brother Rich Sister
I recently finished Rich Brother Rich Sister: Two Different Paths to God, Money and Happiness (New York: Vanguard, 2009), by Robert Kiyosaki and Emi Kiyosaki. I have to take it back to the library tomorrow, so I’d might as well … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Alcoholism, Books, Buddhism, James Dobson, Life, Religion 2 Comments
Four Problems with Asperger’s
I’m not really in the best mood today, so this post won’t be that long. Here are some problems I have with Asperger’s: 1. It’s not like a lot of disabilities. People with disabilities act as if they can understand … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Asperger's, Autism, Life Comments Off on Four Problems with Asperger’s
Academy Awards (2009)
I will be rooting for Slumdog Millionaire tonight, since it has a cast of virtual unknowns. I tend to root for the underdog! And isn’t it ironic that the characters in the movie were underdogs–people who won a millionaire game, … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Bible, Current Events, Life, Movies, Religion, Television Comments Off on Academy Awards (2009)
Reactions to Sybil (2008)
I watched the 2008 remake of Sybil last night (for background, see here). Here are some reactions: 1. At the beginning of the movie, we are told that a discovery was made in 1998 at the home of Shirley Ardell … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged Church, Life, Movies, Psychology, Religion, Television 2 Comments