Top Posts & Pages
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on the Aorist, the Middle, Granville Sharp, and Colwell's Rule
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Rush-Sandra Fluke Debate
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- Book Write-Up: Martin Dies' Story, by Martin Dies
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Tag Archives: leadership
“Your beliefs should be in line with your pastor’s”, the leader of a Bible study group I was in said in the group’s first meeting of the school year. “I believe in church authority, so the minister has a right … Continue reading
Kathy Escobar has a good post, Ex-Good-Christian-Women, in which she talks about the burden Christian women carry of having to meet (presumably certain evangelical) expectations of what it means to be a good Christian woman. Kathy then asks if men … Continue reading
The sermon this morning was pretty ironic. My Mom was driving me to church, and she and I were discussing the Armstrongs (see here and here for background information). My Mom said that she does not think that sort of … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus conducted the service, since our Pastor is on vacation. In the children’s part of the service, the Pastor Emeritus was criticizing those who mock Tim Tebow for praying in public, when there are … Continue reading
Rachel Held Evans has a good post this morning, 15 Reasons I Left Church. In this post, I will comment on each of her fifteen reasons. My purpose is not to tell people that they should go to church or … Continue reading