March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Charles Taylor’s A Secular Age as a Background to Study of C.S. Lewis — A Pilgrim in Narnia
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: justification
Book Write-Up: Justification, by N.T. Wright
N.T. Wright. Justification: God’s Plan and Paul’s Vision. With a New Introduction. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2016. See here to buy the book. This book is a 2016 reprint of N.T. Wright’s 2009 book on justification. It has a new … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged John Piper, justification, n t wright, Paul Comments Off on Book Write-Up: Justification, by N.T. Wright
What Does It Mean to “Receive” Forgiveness?
I would like to interact with a couple of statements that I read recently about forgiveness. A. Christian apologist Nick Peters wrote a post entitled “Can I Be Forgiven?” Peters refers to Jesus’ parable about the unmerciful servant in Matthew … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged Forgiveness, justification 3 Comments
Book Write-Up: The Christian Life, by Steven A. Hein
Steven A. Hein. The Christian Life: Cross or Glory? Irvine, California: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In The Christian Life: Cross or Glory?, Stephen A. Hein presents his Lutheran view of the Christian life, as … Continue reading
Book Write-Up: Union with Christ, by J. Todd Billings
J. Todd Billings. Union with Christ: Reframing Theology and Ministry for the Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2011. J. Todd Billings teaches Reformed Theology at Western Theological Seminary. I went to Harvard Divinity School with Todd—-I was in the M.Div. … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Calvinism, Religion Tagged Apartheid, beatific vision, harvard divinity school, Incarnation, incarnational ministry, J. Todd Billings, Jesus Christ, John Calvin, justification, Lord's supper, Reformed Theology, sanctification, South Africa, transcendence, TULIP, Union with Christ, Western Theological Seminary 1 Comment
Justification: Does God Kid Himself?
In the December 8 daily devotion in My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers says: “God is justified in saving bad men only as he makes them good. Our Lord does not pretend we are all right when we are … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged armstrongism, cult watchers, justification, justification by faith, My Utmost for His Highest, oswald chambers, positional righteousness, Religion, repentance and faith, Robert L. Sumner, theology, worldwide church of god Comments Off on Justification: Does God Kid Himself?