May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
At Church: Veterans Day, Hymns, and the Fiscal Cliff
At church this morning, one thing that we did was honor the people there who had served in the armed services. I talked with Ed, who sits in front of me most Sundays, and he told me that he served … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Current Events, History, Holidays, Music, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Battle Hymn of the Republic, Current Events, fiscal cliff, Henry Van Dyke, Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, julia ward howe, Politics, Religion, world war ii Comments Off on At Church: Veterans Day, Hymns, and the Fiscal Cliff