March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki: Two Conservative Opponents of Dropping the A-Bomb
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: John the Baptist
“Whom Ye Know Not”
The sermon at church this morning was interesting. We’re celebrating Advent, which is about anticipating the coming of Christ. The pastor during the first part of his sermon was inquiring why John the Baptist was not at the nativity. My … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged compassionate Jesus, image of Jesus, Images of Jesus, John the Baptist, the ministry of Jesus 1 Comment
More on John and Realized Eschatology
In this post, I’ll write more about realized eschatology in the Gospel of John, as discussed in Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened. In my latest reading, key eschatological themes are said to be applied in John’s Gospel … Continue reading
What Kind of Lamb, and How Will He Remove Sin?
In John 1:29, John the Baptist says that Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. (I draw here from the KJV.) This passage has long puzzled me. Did John the Baptist believe that … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged Caiaphas, Gospel of John, I Enoch, John the Baptist, Lamb of God, Matthew, R.H. Charles, Second Temple Literature, Testament of Joseph, Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs Comments Off on What Kind of Lamb, and How Will He Remove Sin?