May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Hour Is Come!
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: John Joseph O’Connor
John Courtney Murray and Reflections on Religion in the Public Square
Posted on February 5, 2013 by jamesbradfordpate
For my write-up today on The Search for God at Harvard, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Ari Goldman says on pages 117-118 about the Catholic thinker John Courtney Murray’s stance on church and state: “On writing on church-state … Continue reading →
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion | Tagged Ari Goldman, Catholicism, city of god, divine revelation, divorce, John Courtney Murray, John Joseph O'Connor, Politics, social safety net, society, The Search for God at Harvard | Comments Off on John Courtney Murray and Reflections on Religion in the Public Square