Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Nugget Christianity; Right, Yet Sinful
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Conservatism and Distributism
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Tag Archives: joel osteen
L.L. Martin. Positively Powerless: How a Forgotten Movement Undermined Christianity. WestBow Press, 2015. See here to buy the book. In Positively Powerless, L.L. Martin critiques the positivity Gospel and presents an alternative way to look at life. The positivity Gospel … Continue reading
Robert M. Price. The Reason Driven Life: What Am I Here On Earth For? Amherst, New York: Prometheus Books, 2006. See here to buy the book. Robert M. Price is often characterized as an atheist biblical scholar. The Reason Driven … Continue reading
A lot of Christians are upset by Victoria Osteen’s claim that we worship God so that we can be happy. See here. Victoria Osteen is the wife of megachurch pastor Joel Osteen. She recently said that God wants us to … Continue reading
I have two items for my write-up today on Ari Goldman’s The Search for God at Harvard. 1. On page 70, Goldman states: “Another noteworthy development in the academic study of religion has been the ability of scholars of religion … Continue reading
Scot McKnight has a post criticizing the prosperity Gospel (see here). Under that post, Derek Leman comments: “Another angle of critique of health and wealth (in addition to your community-cross-kingdom-ecclesiology answer) is a good read of Proverbs, such as Michael … Continue reading