Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Lactantius the Proto-Pelagian?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Origen and Calvin: Christological Smackdown!
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Book Write-Up: A Multitude of Peoples, by Vince L. Bantu
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- Book Write-Ups: Safe—-Not Sorry, A Choice Not an Echo Exp. (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Book Write-Up: Paul, Apostle of God’s Glory in Christ, by Thomas R. Schreiner
Tag Archives: Jesus Christ
Matt Papa. Look and Live: Behold the Soul-Thrilling, Sin-Destroying Glory of Christ. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2014. See here for Bethany House’s page about the book. Matt Papa is a Christian recording artist and a minister. His book Look and … Continue reading
Tom Thatcher. Why John Wrote a Gospel: Jesus—-Memory—-History. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006. I got this book at a low price from Christian Book Distributors. It looked like it would be a good book for me to read for … Continue reading
Amy Frykholm. Julian of Norwich: A Contemplative Biography. Brewster, Massachusetts: Paraclete Press, 2010. Julian of Norwich was a fourteenth century English Christian mystic. She was an anchoress, which meant that she spent time in solitude, where she allegedly received her … Continue reading
Karl Barth was a twentieth century Swiss theologian. Because he is often discussed on the religion blogs that I read, I figured that I should solidify my knowledge about him and his theology. Thus, I checked out The Cambridge Companion … Continue reading
More than once in recent days, I have read the sentiment that heaven will only be occupied by certain types of people. I read that sort of sentiment in J.P. Moreland’s The Soul. Moreland argued that those in hell would … Continue reading
Erwin W. Lutzer. The King Is Coming: Preparing to Meet Jesus. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of this book. See here for Moody’s page about it. This book is about … Continue reading
J. Todd Billings. Union with Christ: Reframing Theology and Ministry for the Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2011. J. Todd Billings teaches Reformed Theology at Western Theological Seminary. I went to Harvard Divinity School with Todd—-I was in the M.Div. … Continue reading
James Yerkes. The Christology of Hegel. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1983. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel was a nineteenth century German philosopher. James Yerkes’ The Christology of Hegel is about Hegel’s view of Jesus Christ, and how that … Continue reading
T. Francis Glasson. Moses in the Fourth Gospel. London: SCM Press, 1963. I read about this book in another book that I was reading and thought that it looked interesting. I checked it out on Amazon and saw that Dove … Continue reading