Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Personal Self-Righteousness or National Privilege?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Tag Archives: Jesus Christ
Matt Papa. Look and Live: Behold the Soul-Thrilling, Sin-Destroying Glory of Christ. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2014. See here for Bethany House’s page about the book. Matt Papa is a Christian recording artist and a minister. His book Look and … Continue reading
Tom Thatcher. Why John Wrote a Gospel: Jesus—-Memory—-History. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006. I got this book at a low price from Christian Book Distributors. It looked like it would be a good book for me to read for … Continue reading
Amy Frykholm. Julian of Norwich: A Contemplative Biography. Brewster, Massachusetts: Paraclete Press, 2010. Julian of Norwich was a fourteenth century English Christian mystic. She was an anchoress, which meant that she spent time in solitude, where she allegedly received her … Continue reading
Karl Barth was a twentieth century Swiss theologian. Because he is often discussed on the religion blogs that I read, I figured that I should solidify my knowledge about him and his theology. Thus, I checked out The Cambridge Companion … Continue reading
More than once in recent days, I have read the sentiment that heaven will only be occupied by certain types of people. I read that sort of sentiment in J.P. Moreland’s The Soul. Moreland argued that those in hell would … Continue reading
Erwin W. Lutzer. The King Is Coming: Preparing to Meet Jesus. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2012. I would like to thank Moody Publishers for my review copy of this book. See here for Moody’s page about it. This book is about … Continue reading
J. Todd Billings. Union with Christ: Reframing Theology and Ministry for the Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2011. J. Todd Billings teaches Reformed Theology at Western Theological Seminary. I went to Harvard Divinity School with Todd—-I was in the M.Div. … Continue reading
James Yerkes. The Christology of Hegel. Albany: State University of New York Press, 1983. Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel was a nineteenth century German philosopher. James Yerkes’ The Christology of Hegel is about Hegel’s view of Jesus Christ, and how that … Continue reading
T. Francis Glasson. Moses in the Fourth Gospel. London: SCM Press, 1963. I read about this book in another book that I was reading and thought that it looked interesting. I checked it out on Amazon and saw that Dove … Continue reading