May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The "We-Passages"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Hour Is Come!
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: jerry falwell
Book Write-Up: Fierce Convictions, by Karen Swallow Prior
Karen Swallow Prior. Fierce Convictions: The Extraordinary Life of Hannah More—-Poet, Reformer, Abolitionist. Nashville: Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. Hannah More was a writer and an activist in eighteenth-early nineteenth century England. She wrote plays, poems, and … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Church of England, England, Hannah More, jerry falwell, Karen Swallow, William Wilberforce 1 Comment
Links on Nelson Mandela
I would like to share some links about the late Nelson Mandela. 1. This is a post that I wrote in 2007, back when I was more conservative. Although the post contains an American right-wing perspective about South Africa, I … Continue reading
Posted in Deaths, Movies, Political Philosophy, Politics, Race Tagged Felix Taylor, jerry falwell, Nelson Mandela, South Africa Comments Off on Links on Nelson Mandela
Blinded by Might 8: Authenticity
For my write-up today on Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson, I’ll talk some about Cal Thomas’ interview with Tony Hall. According to the wikipedia article about him, Hall was … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Abortion, Authenticity, Budget, Cal Thomas, Capital Gains, Christian Coalition, Department of Education, Feminism, jerry falwell, Moral Majority, Pat Robertson, Poor, spirituality, Tony Hall Comments Off on Blinded by Might 8: Authenticity
Blinded by Might 1
I started the 1999 book, Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson. Cal Thomas is a conservative syndicated columnist, author, and TV personality. And Dobson for a long time pastored Calvary … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, George W. Bush, Jerry Falwell, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion, Ronald Reagan Tagged Alan Keyes, barack obama, Blinded by Might, Cal Thomas, Calvary Church, Conservative, ed dobson, Gary Bauer, George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, jerry falwell, Moral Majority, Religious Right, Unborn Comments Off on Blinded by Might 1
Cal Thomas, Repent!
Conservative columnist Cal Thomas said at the recent C-PAC conference that Rachel Maddow’s parents should have used contraception, the implication being that the world would be better off if Rachel Maddow had not been born (see here). Many are criticizing … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged bob beckel, columnist cal thomas, conservative columnist, ed dobson, jerry falwell, rachel maddow Comments Off on Cal Thomas, Repent!