Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Honest Prayer
- About Me
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- Book Write-Up: Understanding Dispensationalists, by Vern Poythress
- Is Luke’s Silence Evidence of Ignorance? — Vridar
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Tag Archives: Jehovah’s Witnesses
Patricia Lyon. Carnival Mirrors. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. Carnival Mirrors is about Patricia Lyon’s interactions with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. My impression in reading this book is that she was never actually a part of … Continue reading
Christian apologist Stephen J. Bedard recently sent me a PDF copy of one of his books, The Watchtower and the Word: A Guide to Conversations with Jehovah’s Witnesses (see here for Amazon’s page about the book). He was hosting a … Continue reading
George Eldon Ladd. Jesus and the Kingdom: The Eschatology of Biblical Realism. New York: Harper and Row, 1964. Some of my readers may know that I grew up in an offshoot of Herbert W. Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God. One … Continue reading
My topic for my write-up today on Sheila Suess Kennedy’s What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? will be the mission of the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU’s mission is to defend people’s constitutional rights, … Continue reading