November 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Music in The Stand
- Clarifying Von Rad and Noth
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Can We Over-Emphasize God's Love?
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
Tag Archives: Jehovah’s Witnesses
Patricia Lyon. Carnival Mirrors. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. Carnival Mirrors is about Patricia Lyon’s interactions with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. My impression in reading this book is that she was never actually a part of … Continue reading
Christian apologist Stephen J. Bedard recently sent me a PDF copy of one of his books, The Watchtower and the Word: A Guide to Conversations with Jehovah’s Witnesses (see here for Amazon’s page about the book). He was hosting a … Continue reading
George Eldon Ladd. Jesus and the Kingdom: The Eschatology of Biblical Realism. New York: Harper and Row, 1964. Some of my readers may know that I grew up in an offshoot of Herbert W. Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God. One … Continue reading
My topic for my write-up today on Sheila Suess Kennedy’s What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? will be the mission of the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU’s mission is to defend people’s constitutional rights, … Continue reading