Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Christ Is Yours, by Eric Rivera
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Psalm 35
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: Jehovah’s Witnesses
Patricia Lyon. Carnival Mirrors. Bloomington: Westbow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. Carnival Mirrors is about Patricia Lyon’s interactions with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. My impression in reading this book is that she was never actually a part of … Continue reading
Christian apologist Stephen J. Bedard recently sent me a PDF copy of one of his books, The Watchtower and the Word: A Guide to Conversations with Jehovah’s Witnesses (see here for Amazon’s page about the book). He was hosting a … Continue reading
George Eldon Ladd. Jesus and the Kingdom: The Eschatology of Biblical Realism. New York: Harper and Row, 1964. Some of my readers may know that I grew up in an offshoot of Herbert W. Armstrong’s Worldwide Church of God. One … Continue reading
My topic for my write-up today on Sheila Suess Kennedy’s What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? will be the mission of the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU’s mission is to defend people’s constitutional rights, … Continue reading