Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- About Me
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- More on the Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- Romans 14, Worship and the World to Come
- Romans 13 and Approaching the Atonement
- Romans 12:1-2
- Martha, the Light, and Exodus Old and New
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
Tag Archives: intervarsity press
Donald Guthrie. New Testament Introduction: Fourth Edition. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. Donald Guthrie (1915-1992) had a Ph.D. from the University of London, and he taught New Testament at London Bible College. In New … Continue reading
John C. Peckham. The Love of God: A Canonical Model. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to purchase the book. John C. Peckham teaches theology and Christian philosophy at Andrews University, which is a Seventh-Day Adventist university. His book, … Continue reading
John E. Stapleford. Bulls, Bears and Golden Calves: Applying Christian Ethics in Economics. Third Edition. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. John E. Stapleford is an economist and a professor emeritus at Eastern University (which … Continue reading
Gary M. Burge. A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. Gary M. Burge teaches New Testament at Wheaton College. A Week in the Life of a … Continue reading
Darrel R. Falk. Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology. Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2004. I would like to thank InterVarsity Press for sending me a review copy of this book. Click here to … Continue reading
Stanley E. Porter and Matthew R. Malcolm, ed. The Future of Biblical Interpretation: Responsible Plurality in Biblical Hermeneutics. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2013. I would like to thank Intervarsity Press for my review copy of this book. See here … Continue reading
Stanley E. Porter and Beth Stovell, ed. Biblical Hermeneutics: Five Views. Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2012. I would like to thank Intervarsity Press for my review copy of this book. As the title indicates, this view contains five views … Continue reading
Gerald R. McDermott. Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?: Jesus, Revelation & Religious Traditions. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2000. I would like to thank Intervarsity Press for my review copy of this book. Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions? Professor … Continue reading
In Joshua 3, the Israelites cross the Jordan River on dry ground. God does this miracle to affirm before the Israelites that God is with Joshua, as God was with Moses. But was it really a miracle? The Intervarsity Press … Continue reading