Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Mark 10:46-52: A Blind Man Who Sees God
- Charlene's Story
- Are Gentiles Under the Law?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Tag Archives: Images of Jesus
The sermon at church this morning was interesting. We’re celebrating Advent, which is about anticipating the coming of Christ. The pastor during the first part of his sermon was inquiring why John the Baptist was not at the nativity. My … Continue reading
Gustavo Gutierrez. A Theology of Liberation: History, Politics and Salvation. Translated and edited by Sister Caridad Inda and John Eagleson. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1973. I first heard of Gustavo Gutierrez and this book when I was an undergraduate in … Continue reading