March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: hell
Book Write-Up: Who’ll Be in Heaven and Who Won’t?
Dwight L. Carlson. Who’ll Be in Heaven and Who Won’t?: The Answer May Surprise You. WestBow Press, 2012. See here to buy the book. Dwight L. Carlson is a physician and a psychiatrist. He has written Christian books about emotional … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged Dwight L. Carlson, heaven, hell, missionaries, those who never heard the Gospel 1 Comment
Book Write-Up: The Christian Life, by Steven A. Hein
Steven A. Hein. The Christian Life: Cross or Glory? Irvine, California: New Reformation Publications, 2015. See here to purchase the book. In The Christian Life: Cross or Glory?, Stephen A. Hein presents his Lutheran view of the Christian life, as … Continue reading
Hell in Testament of Isaac 5 (and the Testaments of Abraham and Jacob)
For my daily quiet time, I recently read the Testament of Abraham, the Testament of Isaac, and the Testament of Jacob in my Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha. According to the Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, the Testament of Abraham dates to the first-second centuries C.E., … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Tagged Charlesworth, eternal, everlasting, hell, pseudepigrapha, temporary hell, Testament of Abraham, Testament of Isaac, Testament of Jacob Comments Off on Hell in Testament of Isaac 5 (and the Testaments of Abraham and Jacob)
Hell in Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles
I finished Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles last night. According to John Collins, who translated and commented on the Sibylline Oracles in the Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, Book 2 probably dates to the second or the third century C.E. The Sibyls … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Tagged Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha, hell, John Collins, Sibylline Oracles Comments Off on Hell in Book 2 of the Sibylline Oracles
Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep
I have been reading the Book of Pseudo-Philo for my daily quiet time. My Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha dates Pseudo-Philo to the first century C.E. Pseudo-Philo is a Jewish work, and it contains interpretations and elaborations of biblical stories that may have … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Tagged annihilationism, Charlesworth's Pseudepigrapha, conscious eternal torment, D.J. Harrington, Gehenna, hell, Herbert W. Armstrong, James White, Justin Brierley, Justin Brierley's Unbelievable, Pseudo-Philo, Roger and Faith Forster, Seventh-Day Adventism, soul sleep, The Ancient City, the wicked dead, Unbelievable Comments Off on Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep