May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Gun Control
Clear and Present Dangers 11: Crime
In my latest reading of M. Stanton Evans’ Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), I finished the chapter “Freedom and Foreign Policy” and read the chapter on crime. I’ll focus on Evans’ chapter on … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Bill of Rights, Clear and Present Dangers, criminal procedure, Gideon v. Wainwright, Gun Control, M. Stanton Evans, Mapp v. Ohio, Miranda, Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution, Warren Court Comments Off on Clear and Present Dangers 11: Crime
Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 5
In my latest reading of What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? (copyright 1997), Sheila Suess Kennedy explains why she differs from the national American Civil Liberties Union in her opposition to discriminatory government-sponsored affirmative action … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged 1994, ACLU, American Civil Liberties Union, Cato Institute, Congressional Accountability Act, Gun Control, libertarian, National Rifle Association, NRA, RICO, Second Amendment, Sheila Suess Kennedy, Waco tragedy, What's a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? Comments Off on Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 5
Take It Back 2
In my latest reading of Take It Back: Our Party, Our Country, Our Future (copyright 2006), James Carville and Paul Begala talk about how the post-2004 Democratic Party should address abortion, guns, and gay marriage. Regarding abortion, Carville and Begala … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Health Care, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Abortion, Democratic Party, Gun Control, Howard Dean, james carville, John Kerry, Paul Begala, Take It Back Comments Off on Take It Back 2