Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: god
Tracie Miles. Your Life Still Counts: How God Uses Your Past to Create a Beautiful Future. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2014. See here for Bethany House’s page about the book. Tracie Miles had an abortion. Her book, Your Life Still … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about Thanksgiving. He told us about the 1965 movie Shenandoah, in which Jimmy Stewart played a farmer during the American Civil War. Stewart’s character was named Charlie Anderson, and he was trying … Continue reading
Robert Goldenberg. The Nations That Know Thee Not: Ancient Jewish Attitudes Toward Other Religions. New York: New York University Press, 1998. Robert Goldenberg’s The Nations That Know Thee Not is largely about ancient Jewish views on Gentile religions. There was … Continue reading
My church started a new Bible study last night. It is The Unbreakable Promise: God’s Covenants with Abraham, Moses, and David, With Michael Rydelnik. One point that Rydelnik made on the DVD was that traveling east in the Hebrew Bible … Continue reading
The December 11, 2012 devotion in Our Daily Bread stood out to me. It’s by Randy Kilgore, and it started out as follows: “Some years back, another man and I were reading together Matthew 26 about Jesus in the Garden … Continue reading
I have two items for today, both of them related to my daily quiet time in the Book of Numbers: 1. In Numbers 19, we see the law concerning the red heifer, whose ashes are mixed with water to purify … Continue reading