January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Did the Ancients Interpret Their Cosmologies Literally?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Tag Archives: George Whitefield
At church last Sunday, the pastor was contrasting a Methodist version of a Charles Wesley hymn with a Lutheran version. The hymn is “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling.” The reason that the pastor was commenting on this is that she … Continue reading
Randy Petersen. The Printer and the Preacher: Ben Franklin, George Whitefield, and the Surprising Friendship That Invented America. Nashville: Nelson Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Benjamin Franklin was a deist who doubted Jesus’ divinity and blood atonement. … Continue reading