April 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Gehenna
Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep
I have been reading the Book of Pseudo-Philo for my daily quiet time. My Charlesworth Pseudepigrapha dates Pseudo-Philo to the first century C.E. Pseudo-Philo is a Jewish work, and it contains interpretations and elaborations of biblical stories that may have … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Daily Quiet Time, Religion Tagged annihilationism, Charlesworth's Pseudepigrapha, conscious eternal torment, D.J. Harrington, Gehenna, hell, Herbert W. Armstrong, James White, Justin Brierley, Justin Brierley's Unbelievable, Pseudo-Philo, Roger and Faith Forster, Seventh-Day Adventism, soul sleep, The Ancient City, the wicked dead, Unbelievable Comments Off on Pseudo-Philo, Hell, and Soul Sleep
Book Write-Up: The River of Life, by Lee Harmon
Lee Harmon. The River of Life: Where Liberal and Conservative Christianity Meet. Gonzalez, FL: Energion Publications, 2014. See here to purchase the book from Amazon. In The River of Life, Lee Harmon talks about what he believes as a liberal … Continue reading
Book Write-Up: All You Want to Know About Hell, by Steve Gregg
Steve Gregg. All You Want to Know About Hell: Three Christian Views of God’s Final Solution to the Problem of Sin. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2013. This book is about three Christian views about hell. The first is the Traditionalist view … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Rabbinics, Religion Tagged Gehenna, name of Jesus, Restorationism, Steve Gregg Comments Off on Book Write-Up: All You Want to Know About Hell, by Steve Gregg