March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Futurist Eschatology
What Kind of Jesus?
In my last post on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I mentioned Lee’s view that John was John of Gisclala, who was influential in a Jewish revolt against Rome that led to the destruction of the Temple … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged Futurist Eschatology, imminent eschatology, John of Giscala, Realized Eschatology Comments Off on What Kind of Jesus?
John and Realized Eschatology
For my write-up today on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I’ll use as my starting-point something that I wrote in a post a while back, when I was blogging through volume 4 of John Meier’s A Marginal … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Ezekiel, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Matthew, Religion, School Tagged Futurist Eschatology, New Jerusalem, New Temple, Paul, Realized Eschatology 1 Comment