June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: forbidden fruit
“Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning”
At church last Sunday, the pastor was contrasting a Methodist version of a Charles Wesley hymn with a Lutheran version. The hymn is “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling.” The reason that the pastor was commenting on this is that she … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Calvinism, Church, Daily Quiet Time, John MacArthur, Religion Tagged Adam and Eve, Carl Schmuland, Charles Wesley, Faith Works, forbidden fruit, George Whitefield, Gospel According to Jesus, II Baruch, john macarthur, John Wesley, Love Divine All Loves Excelling, Lutheranism, Methodism, original sin, Parables of the Deer, Saved without a Doubt Comments Off on “Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning”