March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: firstfruits
Not All Together: The Exodus, Prophets, and Kings
This will be somewhat of a rambling post, but not horribly rambling. I will start out with what Philo says about the Exodus in Special Laws II:217-219. Then, I will interact with a fictional book that I recently read about … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Religion, Television Tagged Amalekites, David, Ezekiel 20, firstfruits, Mesu Andrews, Miriam, Moses, On Kings and Prophets, Philo, prince of egypt, Samuel, Saul, Special Laws, Ten Commandments Comments Off on Not All Together: The Exodus, Prophets, and Kings
Jesus and Elisha Disregard the Firstfruits Law? Esther Violates the Passover?
In my latest reading of John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon makes an interesting point about the story of Jesus multiplying the loaves and the fishes in John 6. According to Lee, Jesus and the people were eating … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Esther, II Kings, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Leviticus, Religion, School Tagged Barley, Days of Unleavened Bread, Elisha, Esther, firstfruits, Multiplication of the Loaves, Passover, Wavesheaf Comments Off on Jesus and Elisha Disregard the Firstfruits Law? Esther Violates the Passover?