Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: evangelicalism
Anthony Coleman. The Evangelical Experience: Understanding One of America’s Largest Religious Movements from the Inside. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2015. See here to buy the book. Anthony Coleman deconverted from evangelicalism. In The Evangelical Experience: Understanding One of America’s Largest … Continue reading
Matthew E. Ferris. Evangelicals Adrift: Supplanting Scripture with Sacramentalism. Great Writing, 2015. See here to buy the book. A number of evangelicals are converting to Roman Catholicism or Eastern Orthodoxy, seeking in these faith traditions what they believe is lacking … Continue reading
Richard J. Mouw and Robert L. Millet, ed. Talking Doctrine: Mormons & Evangelicals in Conversation. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the book. Mormonism and evangelicalism have not always had a positive relationship, to put it mildly. … Continue reading
Richard Twiss. Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys: A Native American Expression of the Jesus Way. Ed. Ray Martell and Sue Martell. Downers Grove: IVP Books, 2015. See here to buy the book. Richard Twiss, who passed on in 2013, … Continue reading
I watched the 2014 movie Calvary last night. I often put movies in my Netflix queue after reading about them online, and I learned about this movie from Richard Beck’s blog. Beck called it “one of the most profoundly Christian … Continue reading
Amos Yong. The Future of Evangelical Theology: Soundings from the Asian American Diaspora. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2014. See here for IVP’s page about the book. Amos Yong teaches theology and mission at Fuller Theological Seminary. He was born in … Continue reading
Gerald R. McDermott. Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?: Jesus, Revelation & Religious Traditions. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2000. I would like to thank Intervarsity Press for my review copy of this book. Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions? Professor … Continue reading
I finished Kristin Luker’s 1984 book, Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood. In my latest reading, Luker discussed a variety of issues. She detailed her methodology, as she specified what criteria she used in selecting the pro-life and pro-choice activists … Continue reading