Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Did Adam and Eve Have the Holy Spirit?: "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- About Me
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Were the Pastoral Epistles Responding to the "Acts of Paul and Thecla"?
- Charlene's Story
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: evangelical christianity
Anthony Coleman. The Evangelical Experience: Understanding One of America’s Largest Religious Movements from the Inside. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2015. See here to buy the book. Anthony Coleman deconverted from evangelicalism. In The Evangelical Experience: Understanding One of America’s Largest … Continue reading
Amos Yong. The Future of Evangelical Theology: Soundings from the Asian American Diaspora. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2014. See here for IVP’s page about the book. Amos Yong teaches theology and mission at Fuller Theological Seminary. He was born in … Continue reading
Isaiah 55:10-11 states (in the King James Version): “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to … Continue reading
At church this morning, we sang the hymn “Calling You”, which was written by Hank Williams. Click here to read the lyrics, and here to listen to the song. The first verse especially stood out to me: “When you’ve strayed … Continue reading