June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Egypt
Movie Write-Up: Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)
I watched Ridley Scott’s 2014 movie, Exodus: Gods and Kings, a few nights ago. Here are some thoughts: The movie was controversial among many conservative Christians because it implied that the plagues on Egypt could have been explained naturally, without … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Movies, Religion Tagged Al Mohler, Egypt, Exodus, Exodus: Gods and Kings, Movies, natural causes, Pharaoh, plagues, Red Sea, Ridley Scott Comments Off on Movie Write-Up: Exodus: Gods and Kings (2014)
Lazarus and Osiris?
For my write-up today on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I’ll comment on Lee’s comparison of Jesus’ resurrection of Lazarus in John 11 with the ancient Egyptian story of Osiris. In John 11, Lazarus has two sisters … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Movies, Religion Tagged Acharya S, Bill Maher, c s lewis, Christ in Egypt, D.M. Murdock, Egypt, Freethought, Horus, Isis, John 11, Justin Martyr, Lazarus, Maurice Casey, Mythology, Nephthys, Osiris, Pyramid Texts, Religulous, Seth, Tertullian, wikipedia 1 Comment