January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- The Church Fathers Wrestle with Jesus' Declaration of Ignorance (Matthew 24:36)
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Didache and Prophets
- John MacArthur on the American Revolution, Voting
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Tag Archives: Earth in the Balance
I finished Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit. It was a heavy book to read in that it had a great deal of sophisticated discussion about science and policy. Consequently, there were probably things that … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I’ll use as my starting point something that Al Gore says on pages 348-349: “To most of us, the principle sounds unassailable: let the polluter pay. … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, Al Gore talked about a Global Marshall Plan for the environment. This came up in the 1992 Vice-Presidential debate, as Dan Quayle referred to page 304 … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I’ll start with something that Al Gore says on pages 247-248: “Meanwhile, religious conservatives might be surprised to find that many deeply committed environmentalists … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, Al Gore talks about addiction and human dysfunction. What’s this have to do with the environment? Gore ties these things into the environment by saying that … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, Al Gore says that environmental damage is actually costly to the economy, particularly in a long-term sense. When forests are cut down, what is there left … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, my main theme will be trade-offs. On pages 137-138, Gore discusses the Third World. Gore says that there are impoverished Third World countries that … Continue reading
A few posts ago, in writing about Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I mentioned Al Gore’s reference to an argument that the greenhouse effect could actually lead to cooling, since it would result in … Continue reading