July 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- God's absence — Triablogue
- Isaiah and the Inviolability of Zion
- The Unforgiving King of Matthew 18:21-35?
- Plural Elohim, Plural Verb
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: derek leman
I read a post this morning by Derek Leman, Whatever Happened to On, Son of Peleth. You can read the post if you want to learn who On, son of Peleth is. What I want to do here is interact … Continue reading
The theme at church this morning was humility. I had a variety of thoughts about humility both when I was walking to church, and also when I was walking back. On the way to church, I was thinking about what … Continue reading
My church had its final Bible study last night on John’s Gospel: Wisdom from Ephesus, with Michael Card. In this post, I’ll use as my starting-point one of the questions in our workbook. After citing John 20:1-9, the workbook … Continue reading
Although it is now 2013, I’d like to mention three special blogs that I encountered in 2012. 1. The first is Derek Leman’s Messianic Jewish Musings. Derek Leman is a Messianic Jewish rabbi. I actually visited Derek’s blog once or … Continue reading
Messianic Jewish rabbi Derek Leman has graciously given me permission to post today’s Daily Isaiah on my blog. I am glad to do so because today’s Daily Isaiah was one of my favorites! Daily Isaiah is something that Derek sends … Continue reading
Isaiah 64:6 says (in the KJV) that “all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags”. Many evangelicals have thrown this verse in people’s faces to contend that we all need Jesus to be our Savior and to cover us with his … Continue reading
I have three links for today: 1. Sarah Moon’s blog has a guest post by Abe Kobylanski entitled What Makes a Good Daddy? Abe talks about how certain Christians (such as the Christians in a small group that he was … Continue reading
Scot McKnight has a post criticizing the prosperity Gospel (see here). Under that post, Derek Leman comments: “Another angle of critique of health and wealth (in addition to your community-cross-kingdom-ecclesiology answer) is a good read of Proverbs, such as Michael … Continue reading