April 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Conservative
Book Write-Up: Richard John Neuhaus, by Randy Boyagoda
Randy Boyagoda. Richard John Neuhaus: A Life in the Public Square. New York: Image (an imprint of Crown, a division of Random House), 2015. See here to purchase the book. Richard John Neuhaus (1936-2009) was a Catholic priest and a … Continue reading
Posted in George W. Bush, History, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Conservative, First Things, liberal, Randy Boyagoda, Richard John Neuhaus, Vietnam War 2 Comments
Blinded by Might 9
I finished Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson. In my latest reading, Thomas was interviewing Jerry Falwell. Two aspects of that interview that interested me were Jerry’s retrospective insight that … Continue reading
Posted in Jerry Falwell, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Cal Thomas, Conservative, Democrat, ed dobson, evangelical universities, left-wing, liberal, Local Chapters, Moral Majority, Republican, right-wing Comments Off on Blinded by Might 9
Blinded by Might 1
I started the 1999 book, Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson. Cal Thomas is a conservative syndicated columnist, author, and TV personality. And Dobson for a long time pastored Calvary … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, George W. Bush, Jerry Falwell, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion, Ronald Reagan Tagged Alan Keyes, barack obama, Blinded by Might, Cal Thomas, Calvary Church, Conservative, ed dobson, Gary Bauer, George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, jerry falwell, Moral Majority, Religious Right, Unborn Comments Off on Blinded by Might 1