September 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Tag Archives: conservative Christian
Someone at church was encouraging us to go see the new Left Behind movie, starring Nicholas Cage. Left Behind is a series of books written by Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins about the end times. I told the pastor that … Continue reading
I was watching some sermons yesterday. The first one was by Joel Osteen. The second was by Kenneth Copeland. And the third was by Charles Stanley. I liked the first two sermons. The third, however, troubled me immensely. Charles Stanley’s … Continue reading
For Easter, I went to Catholic mass with my Mom and step-Dad last night, and I went to my Presbyterian church this morning. I am not sure what to get out of these services as someone who is not entirely … Continue reading
Harvey Cox. Many Mansions: A Christian’s Encounter with Other Faiths. Boston: Beacon Press, 1988, 1992. I first saw this book over ten years ago, when I was shelving books at Harvard Divinity School’s library. I was a conservative Christian at … Continue reading
I watched the 2012 Christian movie, The Last Ounce of Courage. Some people in my Bible study group were recommending it, and, after coming home and reading what it was about, I was expecting not to like it. Well, I … Continue reading