March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Church of England
Book Write-Up: Fierce Convictions, by Karen Swallow Prior
Karen Swallow Prior. Fierce Convictions: The Extraordinary Life of Hannah More—-Poet, Reformer, Abolitionist. Nashville: Nelson Books (An Imprint of Thomas Nelson), 2014. Hannah More was a writer and an activist in eighteenth-early nineteenth century England. She wrote plays, poems, and … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Church of England, England, Hannah More, jerry falwell, Karen Swallow, William Wilberforce 1 Comment
Book Write-Up: Roger Williams and the Creation of the American Soul
John M. Barry. Roger Williams and the Creation of the American Soul: Church, State, and the Birth of Liberty. Viking, 2012. This book is about Roger Williams, who started Providence, Rhode Island as a place of religious freedom. He had … Continue reading
Posted in History, Religion Tagged Church of England, John M. Barry. Roger Williams, Puritan John Cotton, Roger Williams 1 Comment