March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Cave of Treasures
Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh
In Matthew 2, magi from the east present the child Jesus with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Why did they give Jesus those particular gifts? Here are three items. The first two items draw from Tim Widowfield’s post on … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Holidays, Matthew, Religion Tagged Cave of Treasures, frankincense, gold, Gospel of Matthew, John Nolland, magi, Margaret Barker, Matthew 2, Messiah, Messianic Temple, Midianites, myrrh, Paul Hanson, Philo, temple, Tim Widowfield, Vridar Comments Off on Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh