March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: canaanites
Book Write-Up: Tough Questions about God and His Actions in the Old Testament
Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. Tough Questions about God and His Actions in the Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Kregel Publications, 2015. See here to buy the book. Walter C. Kaiser, Jr. is a biblical scholar, who has taught the Old Testament … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged canaanites, Old Testament, Walter C. Kaiser 2 Comments
Show No Pity, or Cultivate Pity?
One theme that has come up repeatedly in my reading of Deuteronomy is God’s command to the Israelites not to pity certain people. Specifically, God in Deuteronomy commands the Israelites not to pity the following: the Canaanites (Deuteronomy 7:16), an … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Deuteronomy, Religion Tagged bearing false witness, canaanites, evil christians, human-rights, imperfect world, Religion Comments Off on Show No Pity, or Cultivate Pity?