Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Nugget Christianity; Right, Yet Sinful
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Andy Griffith Show: "Runaway Kid," and Moral Questions
- Victor French and Ned Beatty on the Waltons
- Conservatism and Distributism
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Alleged 1544 Copy Error
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent
Tag Archives: Calvin Coolidge
Amity Shlaes. The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression. HarperCollins, 2007. I enjoyed Amity Shlaes’ The Forgotten Man: A New History of the Great Depression. Whereas her biography of Calvin Coolidge was rather heavy, her prose in … Continue reading
Amity Shlaes. Coolidge. HarperCollins, 2013. Amity Shlaes is a conservative. And she appears to be a fairly well-connected conservative: How many Acknowledgements have you read that thank a recent President (in this case, George W. Bush), saying that this former … Continue reading