Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- Ramblings on The Devil's Advocate and Demons Being Unafraid of the Bible
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Booknotes: Puritans, Brown on LGBTQ Movement, Laura Ingraham
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
Tag Archives: bible study
My church started a new Bible study last night: When God’s People Pray. It is hosted by Jim Cymbala, pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Here are some thoughts. Warning: This will be a long post. 1. I was struggling over … Continue reading
My church started a new Bible study last night. We’re going through The Easter Experience: What If What Happened Then Changes Everything Now? Last night’s lesson focused on how one can become happy and arrive at a sense of purpose … Continue reading
My church did not meet for Bible study last night on account of the snow. We may not finish the series that we have been going through: The Unbreakable Promise: God’s Covenants with Abraham, Moses, and David, with Michael Rydelnik. … Continue reading
There were interesting discussions at my church’s Bible study last night. We talked about such topics as the challenges and difficulties in interpreting the Bible, people who have been released from mental institutions who cannot get on their feet, and … Continue reading
There were three issues that stood out to me in last night’s Bible study at church: 1. The pastor and his wife were talking about a religious retreat that they attended last week. They met other pastors , and they … Continue reading
I enjoyed my church’s Bible study last night. We’re going through Margaret Feinberg’s Scouting the Divine: Searching for God in Wine, Wool, and Wild Honey. Something that I appreciate about Feinberg’s curriculum is that its questions are truly open-ended. For … Continue reading