January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Death Penalty
- Psalm 119: Qoph
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Tag Archives: Bethany House Publishers
Elizabeth Camden. Until the Dawn. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2015. See here to buy the book. Until the Dawn is set in the late nineteenth century. The mansion of Dierenpark is a tourist attraction in the Hudson River Valley. Dierenpark is … Continue reading
Patrick W. Carr. The Shock of Night. Bloomington, Minnesota: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. The Shock of Night is a Christian fantasy book. It is technically the first book of The Darkwater Saga, but Patrick … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. On This Foundation. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. On This Foundation is the third novel of Lynn Austin’s Restoration Chronicles, which is about Israel after the exile. One can read, understand, and … Continue reading
Beverly Lewis. The Photograph. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. This is the first book by Beverly Lewis that I have ever read. She writes a lot of Christian fiction about the Amish. In The … Continue reading
Nathan D. Holsteen and Michael J. Svigel, ed. Exploring Christian Theology, Volume Two: Creation, Fall, and Salvation. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2015. See here to buy the book. In this second volume of Exploring Christian Theology, Nathan Holsteen, Michael Svigel, … Continue reading
Anne Elisabeth Stengl. Heartless. Bethany House Publishers, 2010. See here to buy the book. This book won a Christy Award for a first-time novel. It is a work of Christian fantasy. It is also the first book in the Tales … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. Wonderland Creek. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2011. See here to buy the book. Wonderland Creek won a Christy Award, which is an award for evangelical Christian fiction. I really enjoyed other Christy Award-winning Lynn Austin novels that I … Continue reading
Lynn Austin. A Light to My Path. Minneapolis: Bethany House, 2004. A Light to My Path is the third book of Lynn Austin’s Refiner’s Fire series about the American Civil War. The first book, Candle in the Darkness, focused on … Continue reading
Jody Hedlund. Love Unexpected. Minneapolis: Bethany House Publishers, 2014. See here for Bethany House’s page about the book. In Love Unexpected, the year is 1859. A young woman named Emma Chambers and her brother Ryan are on a steamboat that … Continue reading