Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- An Aspie Catholic
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Tag Archives: belief in god
At church this morning, the pastor told a story about theologian Karl Barth. Barth spoke at Princeton, and someone asked him if he believed that God could speak through religions other than Christianity. Barth’s response was that God does not … Continue reading
Respectful Atheist has a thought-provoking post entitled Do Atheists Need Faith? I have some rambling thoughts. The definition of “faith” that Respectful Atheist is assuming in his post is essentially believing in something without proof. As he notes, many Christians … Continue reading