Top Posts & Pages
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- A Possible Project on the Date of Herod's Death
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Origen the Arian?---Not This Time!, Origen on Soul Sleep
- Margie Impert in Magnum, P.I.
- The Shepherd of Hermas' Christology
- The Death Penalty
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Tag Archives: Bart Ehrman
http://christthetao.blogspot.com/2015/12/bart-ehrman-scams-his-students.html Note: I don’t endorse the post’s provocative title, but the post itself is an informative evaluation of Ehrman’s argument.
Bart D. Ehrman. How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee. New York: HarperOne, 2014. See here to buy the book. How did Jesus, a Jew from a monotheistic culture, come to be seen by his … Continue reading
Yesterday, I listened to a debate between Michael Brown and Bart Ehrman on whether the Bible provides a sufficient answer for suffering. Michael Brown argued yes, while Bart Ehrman argued no. Both are biblical scholars. You can read about Michael … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor told a story about theologian Karl Barth. Barth spoke at Princeton, and someone asked him if he believed that God could speak through religions other than Christianity. Barth’s response was that God does not … Continue reading