June 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- About Me
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Bart Ehrman
David Marshall on Bart Ehrman’s Comparison of Jesus in the Gospels with Apollonius
http://christthetao.blogspot.com/2015/12/bart-ehrman-scams-his-students.html Note: I don’t endorse the post’s provocative title, but the post itself is an informative evaluation of Ehrman’s argument.
Posted in Bible, David Marshall, Greco-Roman, Religion, Uncategorized Tagged Apollonius of Tyana, Bart Ehrman Comments Off on David Marshall on Bart Ehrman’s Comparison of Jesus in the Gospels with Apollonius
Book Write-Up: How Jesus Became God, by Bart Ehrman
Bart D. Ehrman. How Jesus Became God: The Exaltation of a Jewish Preacher from Galilee. New York: HarperOne, 2014. See here to buy the book. How did Jesus, a Jew from a monotheistic culture, come to be seen by his … Continue reading
Bart Ehrman and Michael Brown Debate Suffering
Yesterday, I listened to a debate between Michael Brown and Bart Ehrman on whether the Bible provides a sufficient answer for suffering. Michael Brown argued yes, while Bart Ehrman argued no. Both are biblical scholars. You can read about Michael … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion, Theodicy Tagged Bart Ehrman, Michael Brown 1 Comment
Knowing God Apart from Special Revelation (If “Revelation” Is An Accurate Term)?
At church this morning, the pastor told a story about theologian Karl Barth. Barth spoke at Princeton, and someone asked him if he believed that God could speak through religions other than Christianity. Barth’s response was that God does not … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Religion Tagged Bart Ehrman, belief in god, Christian, Karl Barth. Barth 4 Comments