May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The "We-Passages"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Hour Is Come!
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Ayn Rand
Book Write-Up: Keynes Hayek, by Nicholas Wapshott
Nicholas Wapshott. Keynes Hayek: The Clash That Defined Modern Economics. New York and London: W.W. Norton and Company, 2011. See here to buy the book. John Maynard Keynes and Friedrich Hayek were economists who profoundly impacted the twentieth century, and … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, George W. Bush, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Ayn Rand, conservatism, deficit spending, economics, Franklin Roosevelt, Friedrich Hayek, George W. Bush, John F. Kennedy, John Maynard Keynes, Keynes Hayek, Keynesianism, libertarianism, Margaret Thatcher, Milton Friedman, Nicholas Wapshott, Road to Serfdom, ronald reagan, Tax Cuts 2 Comments
Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 3
I have two items for my write-up today on Greg Mitchell’s book about the 1950 U.S. Senate race in California between Republican Richard Nixon and Democrat Helen Gahagan Douglas. The book is entitled Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady: Richard … Continue reading
Posted in Communism, History, Movies, Political Philosophy, Politics, Television, West Wing Tagged Ayn Rand, Harry Truman, hollywood, HUAC, J. Parnell Thomas, Lester Cole, Richard Nixon, Westbrook Pegler, William Randolph Hearst Comments Off on Tricky Dick and the Pink Lady 3