May 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: authenticity of the Gospel of John
Book Write-Up: The Gospel of St. John, by J.B. Lightfoot
J.B. Lightfoot. The Gospel of St. John: A Newly Discovered Commentary. The Lightfoot Legacy Set, Volume 2. Ed., Ben Witherington III and Todd D. Still. Assisted by Jeanette M. Hagen. Downers Grove: IVP Academic, 2015. See here to buy the … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged authenticity of the Gospel of John, Ben Witherington III, external evidence, Gospel of John, internal evidence, J.B. Lightfoot, Jeanette M. Hagen, John Gill, John Lightfoot, Josephus, Lightfoot, Lightfoot Legacy Set, Martin Hengel, Matthew Henry, nineteenth century, rabbinic literature, sin in womb, Todd D. Still, Tubingen Comments Off on Book Write-Up: The Gospel of St. John, by J.B. Lightfoot