March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Up: Renewing Moral Theology, by Daniel A. Westberg
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Tag Archives: Armstrongite
The Rich Young Ruler and Surrendering
At church this morning, the topic was sacrifice and surrender to Christ. The pastor preached about the rich young ruler, who was loved by Jesus, and yet the rich young ruler did not obey Jesus’ instructions to sell his possessions, … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Mark, Music, Religion Tagged Armstrongite, christianity, comfort zone, I Surrender All, jesus, leaders step, prayer of confession, Religion, rich young ruler, Sacrifice, sell all that you have, spirituality, trusting god Comments Off on The Rich Young Ruler and Surrendering
World Communion Sunday, and Rituals
At church this morning, it was World Communion Sunday. The pastor preached about how God reaches out to human beings through the ritual of communion. I think that he was essentially saying the same sort of thing that I’ve heard … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion Tagged Armstrongite, atonement, Church, communion, day of atonement, everyday basis, fasting, pastor, personal inventory, relationship with god, Religion, rituals, sermon, spirituality, theology, World Communion Sunday Comments Off on World Communion Sunday, and Rituals