January 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Origen and the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- "The Amazing Power of Prayer"
- Friendship, in Stephen King's IT
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Tag Archives: American Civil Liberties Union
I’ve been reading W.A. Swanberg’s biography of Socialist Norman Thomas, entitled Norman Thomas: The Last Idealist. Swanberg talks about Thomas’ relationship with Huey Long, the controversial populist Governor of Louisiana. Essentially, what I get out of Swanberg’s description is that … Continue reading
In my latest reading of The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years, 1946-1952, Irwin Gellman talked about the Subversive Activities Control bill of 1948, which was introduced by representatives Karl Mundt of South Dakota and Richard Nixon of California and … Continue reading
I finished Sheila Suess Kennedy’s What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? I have two items. 1. A significant theme in Kennedy’s book is the need for civility in political discussions. On page 164, Kennedy states: … Continue reading
In my latest reading of What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? (copyright 1997), Sheila Suess Kennedy explains why she differs from the national American Civil Liberties Union in her opposition to discriminatory government-sponsored affirmative action … Continue reading