Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Christ Is Yours, by Eric Rivera
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Psalm 35
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Category Archives: Waltons
Ralph Waite, who played the dad on The Waltons, has passed on. I was also interested to learn that he had roles on Days of Our Lives (as a priest) and Bones (as Booth’s grandfather). And, of course, he was … Continue reading
I finished Jonathan Aitken’s Nixon: A Life. In this post, I’d like to share one of my favorite stories. I don’t have any profound thoughts to add about it, but I just liked it. On page 566, Aitken is talking … Continue reading
On page 87 of Richard Milhous Nixon: The Rise of an American Politician, Roger Morris narrates Richard Nixon’s public conversion to Christ at the age of thirteen: “On a sultry night after he began high school in September 1926, his … Continue reading
I’ve been getting back into watching The Waltons. I’m in season 1 right now. I was looking up some of the cast members, and I noticed that Joe Conley, the actor who played the storekeeper Ike Godsey, passed away a … Continue reading
Well, today is the day before my sermon! So I’ll write one last post for my series on preaching—-though I may also write about my sermon tomorrow, after I come home from church. In this post, I’ll draw from The … Continue reading
I’ll be preaching this coming Sunday, and so I’ve been doing a little series on preaching. What I want to talk about today is speaking with authority. There are many people who love it when preachers speak with authority from … Continue reading
I’ll be preaching this coming Sunday, and I watched the episode of The Waltons in which John-Boy has to give the sermon at his church. Giving a sermon can be quite difficult. There’s the challenge of coming up with something … Continue reading
No True Heroes; Inner Nurturing; Death as Punishment?; Born Again; Post-Exilic Composition or Update?; Prophets; IMDB
1. Samuel C. Hyde, Jr., Pistols and Politics: The Dilemma of Democracy in Louisiana’s Florida Parishes, 1810-1899, page 176: J.W. Armstead, a black West Feliciana proponent of education, informed congressional investigators that the Republican misuse of school funds created scores … Continue reading
So why do I want to see the 1999 reunion movie for the Patty Duke Show? Here are my reasons: 1. I’ve been watching the Patty Duke Show this week to get it off my DVR. I want to see … Continue reading