Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- "Of the Faith of the Fathers"
- Amos 6:10
- The Didache and Prophets
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Unintentional Sin in the New Testament and Books 1-2 of the Sibylline Oracles
- The Four Stages of Spiritual Growth
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
- Book Write-Up: In the Footsteps of Faith, by John F. MacArthur
- Defiant Tucker Defends His Discussion Of Demographic Change, Exposes ADL Hypocrisy
- Book Write-Up: The Problem of the Old Testament, by Duane A. Garrett
- Asia Times: Life After Death for the Neoconservatives
Category Archives: Touched by an Angel
Church Write-Up: Ministry Stories, Pastoral Unforgiveness, Christmas, Breed that Cow, Fellowship, Delivering Safely
For church last Sunday, I went to the “Word of Faith” church and the Missouri Synod Lutheran church. Here are some items: A. Both pastors shared stories about their experiences in ministry. The pastor at the “Word of Faith” church … Continue reading
On Thanksgiving, I went to the Missouri Synod church’s Thanksgiving service. The pastor talked about a movie from the 1980’s entitled The Big Chill. The pastor was saying that it is about University of Michigan students, and, while he himself … Continue reading
The pastor at one of the churches that I attended last Sunday was talking about finding one’s calling. He said that we should be who God made us today rather than trying to be somebody else. The pastor appealed to … Continue reading
When did I first hear of Maya Angelou? It may have been when my Mom was a college student. Her major was African-American studies. She brought home some of Maya Angelou’s works, such as I Know Why the Caged Bird … Continue reading
On pages 208-209 of Nixonland, Rick Perlstein quotes the 1953 memoir of screenwriter Ben Hecht, who was describing Hollywood standards: “Two generations of Americans have been informed nightly that a woman who betrayed her husband (or a husband his wife) … Continue reading
In my latest reading of People of the Lie: The Hope for Healing Human Evil, M. Scott Peck talked about exorcism. I did not finish Peck’s chapter on this subject, so I will be commenting on what I have read … Continue reading
I finished Kathryn Schifferdecker’s Out of the Whirlwind: Creation Theology in the Book of Job. In this post, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Schifferdecker says on page 125: “…according to the divine speeches, the order God establishes in … Continue reading
Astronaut Sally Ride has passed on. She appeared on a Touched by an Angel episode, and here’s a summary of it, with pictures of Sally!
Actress Celeste Holm has passed on. See here. She was in a lot of things, and she won awards, but what I remember her for is the following: —-She was the Fairy Godmother in the 1965 Roger and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. … Continue reading
I enjoyed last night’s Desperate Housewives episode. Here are four items that stood out to me: 1. Tom Sciavo decided to take that high-powered job, and he expressed excitement to Lynette that people are actually eager to know what he … Continue reading