March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Hector Avalos' Critique of Patterns of Evidence (About the Historicity of the Exodus)
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Shepherd of Hermas on Divorce
- Peck on Forgiveness
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Category Archives: Tobit
Graetz and Tobit
Source: H. Graetz, History of the Jews, volume II (Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1893) 430. “Hadrian and Rufus’s cruel measures were directed not against the survivors alone, but also against the dead. The heaps of dead [Jewish] bodies … Continue reading
Posted in Comps, Religion, School, Tobit, Wisdom of Solomon Comments Off on Graetz and Tobit
Source: George W.E. Nickelsburg, “Stories of Biblical and Early Post-Biblical Times,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 42. “Sarah’s suffering [in Tobit] is caused by the demon Asmodaeus, Tobit’s blindness is caused … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Comps, Life, Mel Gibson, Movies, Religion, School, Stephen King, Tobit Comments Off on Bad Birds!
Canon and Ben Sira
Source: M. Gilbert, “Wisdom Literature,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 300. On Ben Sira: “In the first century C.E. the book continued to circulate, as at Masada and Qumran. But nothing … Continue reading
Job and Tobit
In my opinion, Job and Tobit are figures whose suffering made them care about other people. What do I mean by that? Didn’t they already care for others? Wasn’t Job an advocate for the poor and oppressed (Job 30-31)? Did … Continue reading