Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Star Trek
For church last Sunday, I attended the evangelical church that I call the “Pen Church” (since I get a free pen there), and the African-American Baptist church. In this post, I will talk about something that happened to me at … Continue reading
I reviewed Kevin Vanhoozer’s Pictures at a Theological Exhibition a few days ago. I forgot to include an item in that review that I was planning to include. Maybe that’s for the best, as you will see below. Basically, the … Continue reading
At church this morning, the pastor preached about the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). Earlier in the service, there was a skit about the parable. The pastor made a point about the parable that overlaps with other themes … Continue reading
In my post today about Richard Nixon’s Leaders , I will discuss things that Richard Nixon says about Chiang Kaishek. Chiang was the leader of mainland China before it became a Communist country under Mao Tse-Tung. Chiang would then go … Continue reading
I recently watched the Genesis Code, which is a 2010 movie. The movie explores the question of whether science and Genesis 1 are compatible. I’m glad that I finally got to see it, for I was curious about it when … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, I’ll use as my starting-point something that James David Audlin says on page 12: “Among many nations, including the Hodenasaunee and Tsalagi (Cherokee), these [New Year] … Continue reading
I just learned that actor William Windom passed on last week. Of course, he’s known as Commodore Decker on the Star Trek episode, “The Doomsday Machine”. That’s one of my Dad’s favorite episodes (we called it “the tube one”), but … Continue reading
I have two thoughts for today: 1. Yesterday, I watched an excellent documentary called The Captains, in which William Shatner of Star Trek fame interviewed other actors who played captains on a Star Trek show or movie (Patrick Stewart, Avery … Continue reading
Still on This Rant; God’s Beloved Creation; Gnostic Jesus Making Waves; Charity Exception; We’re the Demons
1. Samuel C. Hyde, Jr., Pistols and Politics: The Dilemma of Democracy in Louisiana’s Florida Parishes, 1810-1899, page 57: An 1850 bill designed to exclude from seizure the property or home of a debtor whose total estate did not exceed … Continue reading
How Do You Feel?; Many of Them Stayed; Parts of a Speech; Barnabas on the Land Promise; Jewish Beefs with the Septuagint—Before the Christians Used It
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 135: If you feel as though you can discuss your inner emotional states with another person and that doing so would help you see yourself in new ways, … Continue reading