Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- John and Realized Eschatology
- "Two Thousand Miles for a Five Minute Speech"
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Death Penalty
- Reactions to Sybil (2008)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- James D.L. Staunton, Relationships, Talents
- Church Write-Up: Midnight, Transformed, New Colossians Class
- Book Write-Up: Free to Choose, by Milton and Rose Friedman
- Book Write-Up: The Devil’s Chessboard, by David Talbot
- The Federalist: Georgia Confirms The Pre-Trump GOP Is Dead And Gone
- The Federalist: How The Free Market Can Protect And Preserve The Environment
- Christmas Services; Abuse of Power; The Real Extremists, the Far Left, by Billy James Hargis
- Jesus and the Jordan, Jesus the Nazarene, God’s Choice, Spiritual Practices of Jesus, Where the Right Went Wrong (Patrick J. Buchanan)
- Genesis 22; The Learning Cycle; A Republic, Not an Empire, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Jesus’s Theological Genealogies, Original Sin and the Fall, Enhancing Christian Life
- Why Unthankful?; the Vine Creates a Community; Romans 15-16; How to Read Daniel
Category Archives: Self-Esteem
I’ve been reading Jesus Ben Sira for my daily quiet time. It is part of the Deuterocanonical writings, the books that Catholics accept as canonical but that Protestants and Jews do not. Ben Sira’s book has been labelled “Ben Sira”, … Continue reading
For my write-up today on The Cambridge History of Christianity: Constantine to c. 600, I’ll quote or refer to passages from Brownen Neil’s “Towards defining a Christian culture: The Christian transformation of classical literature”. These passages pertain to the question … Continue reading
Latin mass was interesting this morning, for the tone of the bulletin seemed to contradict the tone of the homily. The bulletin had passages like these: Don’t be so sure that you know who is and who isn’t, who will … Continue reading
What is the source of evil acts? I’ve been thinking about this today–basing my thoughts on things I’ve read and seen on television. I recently resumed my reading of Joan of Arcadia, Season 3. As many of you know, Joan … Continue reading
I’m still working my way through Dale Buss’s Family Man: The Biography of Dr. James Dobson. The following quote is interesting: “One of the early by-products of Dobson’s fame…was that some friends had difficulty handling their pal’s rather sudden and … Continue reading
Today is Christmas, 2007. What am I doing today? Yesterday, I was privileged to receive my video of It’s a Wonderful Life. This was fortuitous. I could have gotten it after Christmas, but It’s a Wonderful Life is Christmas fare, … Continue reading
My dad told me about the Dr. Phil House yesterday, so I decided to watch the show. Every Monday (I think), Dr. Phil shows how things are going in the Dr. Phil House, in which you have the most judgmental … Continue reading