Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Star Wars Demonic, and Should Christians See It?
- Matthew 12:22-37: Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: rush limbaugh
I finished Richard Nixon’s 1994 book, Beyond Peace. This book was published in the same year that Richard Nixon passed on. Getting a handle on Richard Nixon’s political ideology is not an easy task. He often talks like a conservative … Continue reading
Carson Clark of the blog “Musings of a Hardline Moderate” recently had an insightful post, Miniblog #137: How Did I Break from the Fundamentalist, Pentecostal Republican Mold? While Carson’s post is about how he left his fundamentalist, Pentecostal, Republican mold, … Continue reading
In my latest reading of No Apology: Believe in America, Mitt Romney talked about energy and climate change. In my opinion, Romney was all over the place in this chapter, as he went into different angles of the issue. But … Continue reading
Democratic Senator Charles Schumer of New York was on ABC This Week this morning (click here for the transcript). One of the topics that he addressed was controversial left-wing comedian Bill Maher, who has donated a million dollars to Barack … Continue reading
I listened to two talk radio shows today. The first was that of Rush Limbaugh, the controversial right-wing host. And the second was that of Thom Hartmann, a progressive. I was especially intrigued by their different points-of-view on energy policy, … Continue reading
I have two political points for today: 1. I read that Congressman Dennis Kucinich lost to Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur in the race for the Democratic nomination in Ohio’s ninth district. I think it’s sad that redistricting put both of these … Continue reading
John Avlon of The Daily Beast has an excellent article about the decline of Rush Limbaugh, both in terms of the number of his listeners and the quality of his program. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Avlon’s … Continue reading
This will be a rambling post. In a sense, I can identify with the companies that have pulled their sponsorship from Rush Limbaugh’s radio program. These companies support such values as civility and respect for people, and they do not … Continue reading
Here are some links regarding the Sandra Fluke and Rush Limbaugh controversy: Sandra Fluke’s submitted testimony: here. Rush Limbaugh’s explanation of his position and defense of his controversial remarks: here and here. (On the first Rush link, there is a … Continue reading