Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Church Write-Up: The Need for Salvation and Psalm 130
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Eusebius and the Law
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Ishmael on Hagar's Back
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Book Write-Up: Mindszenty the Man, The Conservative Case for Trump (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Current Events Write-Up: Conservative Diversity on Human Depravity, Roberts Abortion Decision, Trump’s One-Sided China Trade Deal, Revolt, The Right to Bear Cannons, Environmentalist Infighting, Korea
- Church Write-Up: Does God Find Us Attractive?
- Book Write-Up: The Death of the West, by Patrick J. Buchanan
- Book Write-Up: The Story Retold, by G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd
- Booknotes: Liberal Fascism, Ship of Fools, McCarthy and His Enemies
- Book Write-Up: The Betrayers, Who Killed the American Family (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Psalm 150 and Christian Sanctification
- Phyllis Schlafly Oral History Project; Equal Pay for UNequal Work
- Current Events Write-Up: Ann Coulter on Confederate Monuments, a Third Way on Religious and LGBT Rights, Waco Regrets
Category Archives: Proverbs
In my latest reading of Is Bill Cosby Right? (Or Has the Black Middle Class Lost Its Mind?), Michael Eric Dyson discusses different views regarding the causes of poverty. Some blame the poor individual, as if he or she is … Continue reading
I studied Psalm 111 for my weekly quiet time. Psalm 111 concludes by saying, “The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever” (King … Continue reading
I started Ben Witherington III’s Jesus the Sage. On page 6, Witherington says that mass literacy is a modern phenomenon, for writing in the ancient world took money and leisure—-both in terms of the cumbersome and expensive writing materials, and … Continue reading
Source: M. Gilbert, “Wisdom Literature,” Jewish Writings of the Second Temple Period, ed. Michael E. Stone (Philadelphia: Fortress, 1984) 283. “Solomon played a still more important part in the development of wisdom in Israel. As organizer of the new state, … Continue reading