Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Sally Ride on Touched by an Angel
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Blunt and Gentle Christians Respond
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 77
- Book Write-Up: The Character of God, by Jonathan G. East
- Church Write-Up: Vocation, the Greatest Commandment, Love
- Requiem for a Lightweight: the Mayor Pete Factor — CounterPunch.org
- Not Hopeful
- The Trump Rally
- Book Write-Up: Emotional Intelligence, by Diane Weston
- How to Get Your Readers to Pay Attention
- Eloquence — Triablogue
- Church Write-Up: Jesus as Revelation, When the Disciples Became Cleansed, Initiative
- Choosing a Candidate: Elizabeth Warren for President!
Category Archives: Pat Robertson
My church started a new Bible study last night: When God’s People Pray. It is hosted by Jim Cymbala, pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Here are some thoughts. Warning: This will be a long post. 1. I was struggling over … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson, I’ll talk some about Cal Thomas’ interview with Tony Hall. According to the wikipedia article about him, Hall was … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Abraham Malamat’s “A Forerunner of Biblical Prophecy: The Mari Documents.” Mari was a city in Mesopotamia, and its documents date to the first half of the second millennium B.C.E. Some things that stand … Continue reading
I’m having another fit of insomnia, and my slight headache is still annoying me. One of my tasks tomorrow: get some Tylenol! I’ve been thinking about Rachel Held Evans’ post, We already failed Haiti , which deals with theodicy and the Christian … Continue reading
In Matthew 12:22-37, Jesus heals a demoniac, prompting the Pharisees to repeat their claim that Jesus did his exorcism through the power of Beelzebub. Jesus responds that this is absurd, for Satan would not undermine his own kingdom by freeing … Continue reading