Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Category Archives: Pat Robertson
My church started a new Bible study last night: When God’s People Pray. It is hosted by Jim Cymbala, pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle. Here are some thoughts. Warning: This will be a long post. 1. I was struggling over … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson, I’ll talk some about Cal Thomas’ interview with Tony Hall. According to the wikipedia article about him, Hall was … Continue reading
1. In Ancient Israelite Religion, I read Abraham Malamat’s “A Forerunner of Biblical Prophecy: The Mari Documents.” Mari was a city in Mesopotamia, and its documents date to the first half of the second millennium B.C.E. Some things that stand … Continue reading
I’m having another fit of insomnia, and my slight headache is still annoying me. One of my tasks tomorrow: get some Tylenol! I’ve been thinking about Rachel Held Evans’ post, We already failed Haiti , which deals with theodicy and the Christian … Continue reading
In Matthew 12:22-37, Jesus heals a demoniac, prompting the Pharisees to repeat their claim that Jesus did his exorcism through the power of Beelzebub. Jesus responds that this is absurd, for Satan would not undermine his own kingdom by freeing … Continue reading