July 2021 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI's Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Gerstenberger on Post-Exilic Psalms
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
- “The Tulsa Libel”
- Book Write-Up: Jeremiah, by Derek Kidner
- Book Write-Up: Does God Exist?, by W. David Beck
- Book Write-Up: The Great Deformation, by David A. Stockman
Category Archives: Origen
“Find a Friend”; God’s Representative Under Limits; Relativism and Education; The New Concealed; Hiding Knowledge
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 263: Make a list of Buddies you can trust. If you don’t really have any friends, you can ask your parents or siblings to help you locate one … Continue reading
Pennywise Is Still a Stranger!; Throne of the LORD; The Right Amount of Anger; MT and LXX Working Together for Supersessionism (According to Origen); Codex
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 247: Our trusting nature and our autistic way of thinking are some of the reasons why we are at greater risk [of danger]. We don’t see hidden intentions. … Continue reading
1. Zosia Zaks, Life and Love: Positive Strategies for Autistic Adults, page 222: Using index cards and magic markers, both partners can make flash cards to address each other’s concerns during regular conversations. The flash cards explain what is happening … Continue reading
I completed Henri Crouzel’s biography of Origen yesterday. As I read, I jotted down page numbers with things I could discuss on this blog. I have ten of them! This morning, I’m not in much of a mood to write, … Continue reading
I finished Philip Davies’ Scribes and Schools yesterday. My impression of his argument is that he believes the canon of the Hebrew Bible was roughly determined in the Hasmonean Period, when Israel was eager to establish a national identity against … Continue reading
I’m at the library right now because the carpet of my apartment is being cleaned today. Why the computer I’m on has a keyboard that inclines backwards is beyond me! It’s certainly not for my benefit, I can tell you … Continue reading
I’ll be blogging through two books this week. One is Philip R. Davies’ Scribes and Scrolls: The Canonization of the Hebrew Scriptures. The other is Henri Crouzel’s biography of Origen. 1. For Davies’ book, I’m trying to pin down his … Continue reading
1. Jennifer M. Dines, The Septuagint (New York: T&T Clark, 2004) 98. Dines is discussing the Hexapla, which was created by the Christian thinker Origen (second-third centuries C.E.). The Hexapla had six columns of Bible versions. One was the Hebrew … Continue reading